frequently asked questions
Singapore Dance Theatre Ltd
201 Victoria Street, Bugis +
- Nearest MRT is Bugis.
- From the MRT station, take the Bugis Junction Exit
- Take the escalator up to level 2 of Bugis Junction
- Follow signs to Bugis+ Mall, there will be a linkway between the 2 malls
- Take the lift to level 7 of Bugis+ Mall (there are 2 lift lobbies on each side of the mall)
- Monday – Friday: 9.00am – 5.30pm
- A classical dance form demanding highly developed technique
- Ballet is best known for its virtuoso techniques such as multiple pirouttes and grand allegro, grand pas de deux, and high leg extensions
- Ballet aims to improve posture, flexibility and grace through barre and centre work
- Definitely not! Especially if you are physically able to and willing to try
- Our classes cater to adults and working professionals with an age range of students from 20s to 40s
Simplicity and comfort level. A simple leotard and a pair of tights or leggings / tight sweat pants or shorts paired with a tank top or t-shirt (men) with Ballet slippers would best be recommended.
Fill up online form and submit, follow up with cheque or cash payment. You can also fax in the registration form and send in a cheque or come up to our premises during office hours to make payment in either cash or cheque.
Kindly send the completed application form and make cheques payable to
Singapore Dance Theatre Limited.
Fort Canning Centre
2nd Storey Cox Terrace
We have daytime classes on weekends.
No, classes are progressive and non-syllabus based.
We would advise that you come in recommended attire – refer to Q6 but if you are unable to do so, you can come in anything you are comfortable in and can stretch in e.g. track pants and a tank top.
There is no definite number of lessons for each level as classes are progressive and non-syllabus based. Progression would be advise by the respective instructors subsequently. However, students could also opt to join in other classes (higher or lower level), should they feel that they are over-qualified / under-qualified in the current level.