- fees & payment
- terms & conditions
These 90-minute classes are predominantly designed for adults of all ages and abilities. Whether you have absolutely no prior training, or have years of dance experience, we have the perfect class for you. Rekindle your love for dance with four class levels to choose from – Beginners, Level I, Level II and Level III. In addition, some classes will be taught by our very own artists of Singapore Dance Theatre (SDT).
All class levels except Beginners are conducted in an open class format which does not follow a progressive syllabus. This allows students the flexibility to attend any class of their choice, regardless of level, day and timing, without having to worry about following up from the previous session.
Unlike our previous administrative procedure, students no longer have to register for classes except Beginners. Now, you can just walk in and attend the class.
Adults Dance Class (ADC) offers 4 levels of classes to suit your preference and knowledge of ballet technique:
Beginners – This 8 week class with a progressive syllabus is suitable for parties who have no prior knowledge of ballet. The Beginners class aims to equip students with the necessary knowledge of basic ballet technique which will enable them to proceed on to Level I after the 8 weeks.
Students will learn basic ballet terminology and basic movement for Barre work leading into centre work.
Unlike Level I to Level III open classes, where registration is not required, interested parties for the Beginners Class are required to email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest for the next intake.
Please note that enrolment for the next intake is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Level I - Suitable for parties who have prior basic knowledge of ballet technique. The session will comprise Barre work, beginning level center work, pirouettes and jumps.
Level II - Suitable for parties who have substantial knowledge of ballet technique. The session will comprise Barre work, center work including adagio, pirouettes, beginning petit allegro and grand allegro.
Level III - Suitable for parties who have advanced knowledge of ballet technique. The session will comprise Barre work, complex combination in center including adagio, pirouettes, petit allegro and grand allegro.
Previously, all students had to register for a class before attending. Now, with our revised system, all Students (except Beginners) will no longer have to register for a class. All you need to do is walk into the class of your choice.
However, please note that class vacancies are on a first-come, first-serve basis. In the event that the class is full, priority will be given to those who arrive early.
Do check the timetable for the lesson schedule and latest updates.
New students who are unsure whether the class is suitable for you, can opt for a one lesson Trial Class. This enables you to try out a class of any level before deciding to commit to purchasing an 8 or 16 lesson prepaid ADC card. Students can simply walk into any class to purchase the trial card at $25 from the instructor and take the class.
Kindly make your payment for the trial card in S$25 CASH in exact change.
ADC Prepaid Card
We have adopted a prepaid credit-based card system for our ADC classes in which students can use for payment of classes. Each credit entitles you to take one class.
Please bring your card to the class. Each time you take a class, one credit will be deducted from your card.
In the event that you forget to bring your card, you will have to purchase a trial card ($25 Cash Payment Only) from the instructor in order to attend the class.
The fees are as follows:
Fees (Non FSDT Member)
Fees (FSDT Member)
$144 (Save $16)
$300 (Save $20)
$270 (Save additional $30)
To Purchase Your Card (Subheader)
To purchase and make payment for the ADC Prepaid Card, please click on the link below to register your interest. Our class administrator will contact you and assist you with the payment.
Please note that payment can be made via cheque, credit card or cash.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should you have additional queries, kindly contact our office at 6338-0611 (Mon – Fri, 9am to 6pm).
Our Marketing team will assist you on your queries.
Singapore Dance Theatre Ltd
201 Victoria Street, Bugis +
- Nearest MRT is Bugis.
- From the MRT station, take the Bugis Junction Exit
- Take the escalator up to level 2 of Bugis Junction
- Follow signs to Bugis+ Mall, there will be a linkway between the 2 malls
- Take the lift to level 7 of Bugis+ Mall (there are 2 lift lobbies on each side of the mall)
- Monday – Friday: 9.00am – 5.30pm
- A classical dance form demanding highly developed technique
- Ballet is best known for its virtuoso techniques such as multiple pirouttes and grand allegro, grand pas de deux, and high leg extensions
- Ballet aims to improve posture, flexibility and grace through barre and centre work
- Definitely not! Especially if you are physically able to and willing to try
- Our classes cater to adults and working professionals with an age range of students from 20s to 40s
Simplicity and comfort level. A simple leotard and a pair of tights or leggings / tight sweat pants or shorts paired with a tank top or t-shirt (men) with Ballet slippers would best be recommended.
Fill up online form and submit, follow up with cheque or cash payment. You can also fax in the registration form and send in a cheque or come up to our premises during office hours to make payment in either cash or cheque.
Kindly send the completed application form and make cheques payable to
Singapore Dance Theatre Limited.
Fort Canning Centre
2nd Storey Cox Terrace
We have daytime classes on weekends.
No, classes are progressive and non-syllabus based.
We would advise that you come in recommended attire – refer to Q6 but if you are unable to do so, you can come in anything you are comfortable in and can stretch in e.g. track pants and a tank top.
There is no definite number of lessons for each level as classes are progressive and non-syllabus based. Progression would be advise by the respective instructors subsequently. However, students could also opt to join in other classes (higher or lower level), should they feel that they are over-qualified / under-qualified in the current level.
Terms and Conditions
- All classes are open classes and non-syllabus based. Each class duration is 90 minutes.
- Beginner’s Class Registration is on a first-come-first serve basis only.
- A fee of $25.00 will be charged per trial class through the purchase of a trial card. In the event that a student forgets to bring the card, a trial card will have to be purchased for that particular lesson.
- All payments for cards are non-refundable.
- Classes are valid for six months from the date of issue and are non-extendable.
- Payment by Mail – Kindly print the email confirmation you receive when purchasing ADC cards and send it with cheques made payable to
Singapore Dance Theatre Limited
201 Victoria Street, Bugis + Mall #07-02/03
- SDT reserves the right to change class schedule or instructor when necessary.
- Enrolment constitutes acceptance of all the Terms & Conditions. Amendments may be made without prior notice at the sole discretion of SDT Ltd.