- ADC Classes
- Class Schedule
- terms & conditions
These 90-minute classes are predominantly designed for adults of all ages and abilities. Whether you have absolutely no prior training, or have years of dance experience, we have the perfect class for you. Rekindle your love for dance with four class levels to choose from – Beginners, Level I, Level II and Level III. In addition, some classes will be taught by our very own artists of Singapore Dance Theatre (SDT).
Adults Dance Class (ADC) offers 5 levels of classes to suit your preference and knowledge of ballet technique:
Beginners Level I course
This 8 week class with a progressive syllabus is suitable for parties who have no prior knowledge of ballet. The Beginners class aims to equip students with the necessary knowledge of basic ballet technique which will enable them to proceed on to Beginners Level II or Level I after the 8 weeks. Students will learn basic ballet terminology and basic movement for barre work leading into centre work.
Students who would like to attend the Beginners class can opt for either Saturday or Sunday classes. Please note that there are no make-up lessons for missed classes.
Dates of Current intake
Saturday Class @ 10am
(Registration is now Full)
26th March (Last Lesson)
Saturday Class @ 12pm (FULL)
27th February (Last Lesson)
Sunday Class @ 12pm (FULL)
6th March (Last Lesson)
Saturday Class @ 10am
(Registration Opens on the 2 March)
21st May (Last Lesson)
Saturday Class @ 12pm
(Registration Opens on the 5 February)
23rd April (Last Lesson)
Sunday Class @ 12pm
(Registration Opens on the 13 February)
1st May (Last Lesson)
Singapore Dance Theatre reserves the right to change the dates.
SIGN UP NOW
Sign ups for Beginners Level 1 Course for the upcoming intake on the 6th February (Saturday 10am) is now Full!
For those interested to sign up, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details.
2) Mobile Number/ Contact Number.
3) Start date of upcoming intake.
4) Preferred time to call.
We will contact you within 3 working days.
Beginners level II & Levels I - III
BEGINNERS LEVEL II- Suitable for parties who have completed at least 6 out of 8 lessons from Beginners Course Level 1. The session will comprise barre and centre work.
Level I - Suitable for parties who have prior basic knowledge of ballet technique. The session will comprise barre work, beginning level center work, pirouettes and jumps.
Level II - Suitable for parties who have substantial knowledge of ballet technique. The session will comprise barre work, center work including adagio, pirouettes, beginning petit allegro and grand allegro.
Level III - Suitable for parties who have advanced knowledge of ballet technique. The session will comprise barre work, complex combination in center including adagio, pirouettes, petit allegro and grand allegro.
Registration is not required for Beginners II, Level I – III and students can refer to our timetable and attend any of these classes of their choice. However, please note that class vacancies are on a first-come, first-serve basis. In the event that the class is full, priority will be given to those who arrive early.
Do check the Class Schedule for the lesson schedule and latest updates.
New students who are unsure whether the class is suitable for you, can opt for a Trial Class. This enables you to try out a class of any level before deciding to commit to purchasing an 8 or 16 lesson prepaid ADC card.
1) Please note that due to SDT's performance schedule, instructors for ADC classes may be replaced/cancelled for a particular session. Do check back on Monday 12pm for weekly updates.
2) To save time and to minimize any issues with attendance taking, students must give their Trial Card, 8 Lessons Card or 16 Lessons Card to the instructor before the class commences. Once the class ends, please collect the cards from the Customer Service Officer at the reception.
2016 Class Schedule (1st - 7th February)
Important Note: Visiting and Regular Students are requested to use the changing room next to Studio 3
May Yen Cheah
Beginners Level I course Fee
The fees for the 8-lesson Beginners class is at $160. Students are required to make full payment at least a week before the commencement of the classes to confirm their registration.
If you would like to attend a trial class before committing to the whole 8-week course, you could attend a lesson during the current intake or the 1st lesson of the upcoming intake through a trial card. Please approach our customer service officer at our front desk reception to purchase a trial card.
ADC Prepaid Card
We adopt a prepaid credit-based card system for our ADC classes in which students can use for payment of classes. Each credit entitles you to take one class and students will have to bring their ADC card to every class that they are attending. In the event that you forget to bring your card, you will have to purchase a trial card ($25 Cash Payment Only) from the reception counter.
The fees are as follows:
Adult Dance Class Card
Please note that with effect from January 2016, the 8 lessons card has increased from $160 to $170 and the 16 lessons card has increased from $300 to $320.
To enjoy discount for Adult Dance Classes join our loyalty programme, FRIENDS of SDT. Please click here to find out more.
To Purchase Your Card
All class cards (including trial cards) can be purchased at the SDT office reception counter. Our friendly Customer Service Officers will assist to process your payment.
The front counter will be open from Mon - Fri 10.00am - 9.00pm and Sat & Sun 10.00am - 4.00pm,
Closed on Public Holidays. (Operating hours subjected to changes)
Frequently Asked Questions
Should you have additional queries, kindly contact our office at 6338-0611 (Mon – Fri, 9am to 6pm).
Our Education and Outreach team will assist you on your queries. Please email email@example.com.
Singapore Dance Theatre Ltd
201 Victoria Street, Bugis +
- Nearest MRT is Bugis.
- From the MRT station, take the Bugis Junction Exit
- Take the escalator up to level 2 of Bugis Junction
- Follow signs to Bugis+ Mall, there will be a linkway between the 2 malls
- Take the lift to level 7 of Bugis+ Mall (there are 2 lift lobbies on each side of the mall)
- Monday – Friday: 9.00am – 6.00pm
- Our customer service officers will be at the front desk from 10.00am - 9.00pm.
- A classical dance form demanding highly developed technique
- Ballet is best known for its virtuoso techniques such as multiple pirouttes and grand allegro, grand pas de deux, and high leg extensions
- Ballet aims to improve posture, flexibility and grace through barre and centre work
- Definitely not! Especially if you are physically able to and willing to try
- Our classes cater to adults and working professionals with an age range of students from 20s to 40s
Simple and comfortable. A simple leotard and a pair of tights or leggings / tight sweat pants or shorts paired with a tank top or t-shirt (men) with ballet slippers would best be recommended.
Please approach our customer service officers to purchase a trial card, 8-Lessons card or 16-lessons card.
We have daytime classes on weekends and evening weekday classes.
No, classes are progressive and non-syllabus based.
We advise that you come in recommended attire – refer to Q6 but if you are unable to do so, you can come in anything you are comfortable in and can stretch in e.g. track pants and a tank top.
There are no definite number of lessons for each level as classes are progressive and non-syllabus based. Progression would be advise by the respective instructors subsequently. However, students could also opt to join in other classes (higher or lower level), should they feel that they are over-qualified / under-qualified in the current level.
Terms and Conditions
- All classes are open classes and non-syllabus based. Each class duration is 90 minutes.
- Beginner’s Class Registration is on a first-come-first serve basis only.
- A fee of $25.00 will be charged per trial class through the purchase of a trial card. In the event that a student forgets to bring the card, a trial card will have to be purchased for that particular lesson.
- All payments for cards are non-refundable.
- Classes are valid for six months from the date of issue. To extend the expiry date by two further months, please make payment of $25 at our counter.
- SDT reserves the right to change class schedule or instructor when necessary.
- Enrolment constitutes acceptance of all the Terms & Conditions. Amendments may be made without prior notice at the sole discretion of Singapore Dance Theatre Ltd.